[pct-l] VVR?

I agree completely.  VVR has always been super-firendly and very
customer-oriented.  Prices are a little high, but no higher than I
would expect for the delivery costs.

Just try to contact the Muir Trail Ranch and compare their attitude.
VVR charges a modest $10 to receive resupply packages, contrast that to
the Muir Trail Ranch's $45 per package and you'll get the idea of the
difference between the two.  Also, VVR offers a FREE 1st night's sleep
in the hiker's tent cabin, which is pretty damn nice.  I also agree
that the food is far better than one should expect in the middle of
nowhere.

All in all, I'd say that there has been no facility that is more hiker-
friendly in all the Sierra Nevada and all of this talk about VVR being
too costly or trying to take advantage of hikers is a slap in the face
to VVR's efforts to help hikers while making enough profit so that they
can stay open next year.  I suspect those who have made such comments,
have no idea about the huge costs of running such a place and providing
such services in the middle of nowhere.

peace,
dude