[pct-l] VVR

In a message dated 7/2/2004 11:02:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
yosaphina@mac.com writes:

The  Sonora Pass area has parking if I recall correctly and most people are
ditching their bear canisters there so it seems to be less bear  populated.
But that is likely out of the way for you.

If I remember correctly, I think this thread started on a discussion  about
parking at VVR (yikes!) versus Yosemite's Tuolumne  Meadows.

In 1997, I backpacked with friends from Sonora Pass, south to Tuolumne
Meadows after leaving a return vehicle at a long-term parking lot along the road
(Tioga Pass, east of Tuolumne Meadows). When we finished our hike, we took the
shuttle from the store at TM back to the long term parking lot. This sounds
safer than trying to park at the store, or roadside for multiple  days.

Charlie

      Backpack PCT from Sonora Pass  south to Tuolumne Meadows with Chuck &
Cher