[pct-l] JMT - VVR to Whitney (Transpo Issues)

In a message dated 7/2/2004 5:55:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
teamradisch@yahoo.com writes:
JIm
1)  Vehicle security any better at either site?
 I went N-S took Amtrak to Merced. You could leave car there. Take a bus to
Happy Valley
If going S-N leave car at Lone Pine and take Dial a ride to Portals.
2)  Any trail angels in the Whitney area that would
help with a more secure storage area?
    AND/OR
Do the above.# 1

3)  Trail angels in the Fresno area that could help
with getting up to VVR at the start (if vehicle stays
at Whitney) or back up to get the rig post hike?
    They'll be two of us hiking and going ultralight
so we'll be pretty compact.  Also, with gas prices the
way they are, we're more than happy to compensate
folks who help out.
At vVR  they gave me a telephone number of a person who lived in Fresno and I
paid around $100.00 for him pick up my daughter at Rail Road S  who joined me
on the trail;

     Thanks in advance for all the help!
Regards,
Jim