[pct-l] JMT - VVR to Whitney (Transpo Issues)

Howdy Folks,
   We will be doing this JMT section in late July and
thought I'd get your advice before finalizing transpo
plans.
   We'll have one vehicle to leave at either Whitney
or VVR but still debating at which site to leave it.
Taking our vehicle in gives us more flexibility on
ingress but having the rig at the end is enticing as
well.
   Was wondering:
1)  Vehicle security any better at either site?
2)  Any trail angels in the Whitney area that would
help with a more secure storage area?
    AND/OR
3)  Trail angels in the Fresno area that could help
with getting up to VVR at the start (if vehicle stays
at Whitney) or back up to get the rig post hike?
    They'll be two of us hiking and going ultralight
so we'll be pretty compact.  Also, with gas prices the
way they are, we're more than happy to compensate
folks who help out.
     Thanks in advance for all the help!
Regards,
Jim