[pct-l] Meeting up w/ Husband... and a Question about Yosemite

The campground at Tuolumne meadows is only 50% reserved - the rest is first come first serve.  There is a backpackers camp there but you'd have to find a place to park your car and the park service is kind of strict about parking cars right now.  Park without a overnight permit in the wrong place and you're in for a ticket. You might check with the wilderness permit office and see if you could get a hiking permit and an over night parking permit for the Tuolumne meadows trail head.

While you are getting there on one of the most crowded weekends of the year there is a small chance of getting a regular camp site.  Your best bet is to get to the camp ground reservation office right at 8:00 am when it opens (well may like 7:30 and get in line) and then you might - might - be able to get a camp ground spot.  Last year in August my wife and I got one night of reserved camping at Tuolumne meadows and in the morning went to the reservation office right before it opened and had no trouble getting our stay extended for a week.

Along the Tigoa there are several other campgrounds you might want to check into.

But if you got a tent cabin in White Wolf - I'd take it.  That's kind of a score for the July 4 weekend in Yosemite.  You will have to pick up your husband from the trail and drive him to White Wolf though - that would be a long hike.  There is also a park service shutle bus that goes between Tuolumne meadows and White Wolf.

Andrew - Buster's best friend