[pct-l] mailing alcohol

I'm currently shipping resupply boxes out to a couple who are thru-hiking.
The boxes that have alcohol in them are labeled "ORM-D  SURFACE SHIPPING ONLY".
 The first one that I took in to ship thru USPS they had to look it up and
made me swear that it was "denatured alcohol" and NOT drinking alcohol, as
drinking alcohol can not be shipped.  It has to go by ground only so Parcel Post is
the most economic way but you have to ship them about a week or more before
you anticipate being at any point because Parcel Post is lowest priority.  Now
the people at the post office know me and know what I'm doing and think that
it is cool.

Best regards,

Greg  Hummel
"Strider"

In a message dated 6/15/2004 12:59:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,