[pct-l] Followup Backpack Question

John,

<<oooo...how cute..an expedition!! No--it is just an extended backpacking
trip.>>

Yeah, I think that was just a poor choice of words on her part, I know she
doesn't really see this as a true expedition--as in the "assault Mt.
Everest" variety.  I think she just sees the trip as a whole (2000+ miles),
rather than broken up into smaller (although continual) backpacking trips.

<<you, as the male, will to more to support your partner--being that she is
female. So most likely you will need a 6000 ci pack while your partner
will, probably, only be able to carry a 1500-2000 ci pack.>>

Hee, hee--tickled my funny bone there.  Hoo boy, remind me not to show her
your e-mail or she's liable to track you down and give you a what for :-D .
Seriously though, I will say that she can very easily hold her own on the
trail--very often carrying as much weight as me (she gets the bear can with
all the food).  In fact, on one trip when I had a nasty bought of elevation
sickness, she ended up carrying all of her stuff, plus most of mine.  By the
end of one particular day, she was carrying all the food, the stove and
fuel, the tent (poles and all), and the pots and pans--all on top of what
she was already carrying.  No doubt about it, I wouldn't trade her as a
hiking partner for anyone in the world.  Oops, sorry to get sentimental on
you there ;-) .

Anyway, thanks for the chuckle, definitely comes in handy when the craziness
of preparing for such a trip starts to wear on you.

Shane