[pct-l] Followup Backpack Question

You should recognize that you are receiving answers
from all levels of backpacking experience, tending
towards the more experienced.  In short, most have
learned from their past, good and bad.  Even their
experiences are individual and perhaps not at all
representative.  Even a successful thru hike does not
necessarily create an expert.  Thru hikers in the past
few years had it pretty good with the weather.  That
includes my own thru hike.  Yet anything can happen in
the high country, and does.

The gear you carry should be consistent with your own
level of experience.  Lighter is better for sure, but
don't overlook your own needs and wants.

Just my two cents worth.

Larry H