Subject: [pct-l] Boots/shoes and stream crossings

>> The guidebook indicates a lot of stream crossings.  My concern is with having wet shoes all the time.  I've been using trail running shoes in the Grand Canyon and the Southern Sierra, and I like them just fine but they don't repel water or dry quickly.

You can always make a small hole or two in the shoe's heel to allow the water to drain. Use a 1/8 inch drill.

John Vonhof
http://www.johnvonhof.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatment for Athletes, 3rd edition
http://www.footworkpub.com
Subscribe to the free Fixing Your Feet Ezine at
mailto:FixingYourFeetEzine-subscribe@yahoogroups.com