[pct-l] Castle Crags quick trip ideas?

Hi all,

I'm meeting some friends from Corvallis in the Castle Crags area the weekend
of June 4-5.  We'll only have two nights.  Any recommendations for a good
weekend trip on either side I-5?  The Shasta-Trinity NF website says that
snow should be gone from all access roads by Memorial Day, but I expect to
encounter snow on the trail.

Also, let me know if there's any info I can gather while I'm up there that
would be pertinent to the list.  Supplies in Castella? Trail conditions?
Whatever? I'm still quite the newbie on PCT matters, and I know the "pack"
is still a long way off from the area, but I'd like to help out where I can.

Thanks much!

Mike