[pct-l] Ride help needed

In California, you never want to be ON the freeway, you'll stand a good
chance of being arrested.  You always want to be in front of the sign
that says something like "No pedestrians, motorcycles etc." that's on
every freeway on-ramp I've seen in the state.  I'm a newcomer here so
after 29-years there may be a few I've missed.  Always carry a black
Magic Marker and grab a piece of cardboard from wherever (a gas station
dumpster) to write your destination.  Feel free to express artistic (or
non-artistic) tendencies on the cardboard to show yourself as an
engaging, outgoing person.
JD