[pct-l] So sad another dead Mt Lion.

Pvt. Skivvy

I'm sorry I have to get serious again, I hope your bear is not next.

Several weeks ago out news media got all hyped up about a mountain lion being
spotted. It was on all TV Stations for days. Reported Lopez from channel 4
foams at the mouth over Lion & Bear spotting. I'm sure he is happy now.
I predicted the lion would be shot by a trigger happy law enforcer. This
email was just sent to me. Evidently the LA Times buried the article which was
headline while the Lion was alive. Please read the email from Donna. How sad

May 20, 2004

A Diminished Land

Re "Police Kill Cougar in Palo Alto," May 18: You buried the senseless
killing of the mountain lion on Page B6. Everyone is disgustingly happy the lion is
dead. The dog gets a steak for dinner. The police officer blasting the lion
out of the tree is disgusting. The killing of mountain lions condemns all of us
to a diminished world. Why is it we cannot live with this magnificent animal?
What makes us so precious that we remove anything that is a threat to us? We
are rotten human beings. Rotten.

Donna Speech

Huntington Beach