[pct-l] Permits for thru-hiking for less than 500 miles

Thanks all for your answers. I was suggested before getting the PCT
thru-hiker permit but I didn't feel well about that as I'm positive I'll
not be hiking not even near 500 miles (my plan is about 260+), even
though I know there'll be nobody checking that I should think the 500
limit is there for something.
I don't know the issue that well so I'd like your opinions, whether it's
not too unethical to ask for a PCT thru-hiker permit in my situation...
I guess it'd be if I use that move to gain access to a heavily
restricted area but that doesn't seem to be the case with the Northern
Cascades (one of the reasons why I want to hike there, actually).

About the suggestion to check the guidebook: I started there but I don't
remember actual info on how to get the permit, at least for the three
northernmost sections... I remember it says whether you need one or not
but nothing definite on how to get it. I'll check it again though, maybe
I skipped something.

I had also visited the websites for the NFs mentioned but it was not
totally clear to me which NF holds which trailhead... from what you say,
I should address Okanogan NF for starting from Manning or Harts pass; or
Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF for starting from Snoqualmie pass (correct me if
I'm wrong)

Again, thanks for the help
Inaki

.
any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

"Este mensaje y los ficheros adjusntos puede contener información
confidencial destinada solamente a la(s) persona(s) mencionadas
anteriormente. Pueden estar protegidos por secreto profesional Si usted
recibe este correo electrónico por error, gracias de informar immediatamente
al remitente y destruir el mensaje.
Al no estar asegurada la integridad de este mensaje sobre la red, Atos
Origin no se hace responsable por su contenido. Su contenido no constituye
ningún compromiso para el grupo Atos Origin, salvo ratificación escrita por
ambas partes.
"Aunque se esfuerza al máximo por mantener su red libre de virus, el emisor
no puede garantizar nada al respecto y no será responsable de cualesquiera
daños que puedan resultar de una transmisión de virus"