[pct-l] Permits for thru-hiking for less than 500 miles

"

I had also visited the websites for the NFs mentioned but it was not
totally clear to me which NF holds which trailhead... from what you say,
I should address Okanogan NF for starting from Manning or Harts pass; or
Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF for starting from Snoqualmie pass (correct me if
I'm wrong)

if your  hiking in the north cascades ,or most of oregon or washington for that matter, you should be able to self register at the trailhead. most trailheads have a kiosk with permits that you just fill out and drop in the box.all three trailheads youve mentioned have self registration. rob