[pct-l] water report Agua Dulce to Mojave from Darrell

Darrell is at Mojave!  One day earlier than projected!!  Here's a
transcription of the notes I scribbled during our conversation.  Apologies for any
mis-spellings.  Please reference handbooks to be sure my mileages are correct...

Bear Spring, 1st water after Agua Dulce; mile 463-ish:
trough downhill from trail is full; Darrell did not take from here or look
too closely as it had previously been reported to be full of aquatic life;  he
also did not check the pipe that runs above the trail; the trail itself is wet
and soggy.  A good sign?

Bouquet Canyon Rd. mile 465:
An Anderson cache that has lots of water.

Oasis Cache mile 471:
has a good amount of water.  Darrell took from the 5 gal container, which he
thought looked the freshest.

Ranger station at San Francisquito Canyon Rd. mile 477.6:
there is water here in a 5 gal container outside the station by a small
memorial site; You can let the rangers know if the water is running low.  You can
also get off the trail here for the Anderson's and call them from the station.

Elizabeth Lake Canyon Rd. mile 485:
a good cache

Mile 486:
A trailside spring is running.

Mile 487:
cache is in good shape

Dave Canfield's cache at mile 493:
has water and is in good shape

Anderson cache at crossroad mile 495:
has water and is in good shape

Darrell advises to be sure to take ample water from these, as there is no
more water until mile 516

Hwy 138 at mile 516:
approaching the highway look for a sign on the right that says "Water PCT".
This is also known as the Old Frank Fair residence/hiker's town.  There is a
hose coming through the fence here for PCT hikers to use.  You could also hike
another 3/4 mile and get water at the Neenach Elementary School, during school
hours.  You will need to carry water from here to the Cottonwood Creek Bridge
- 16 miles...

Cottonwood Creek Bridge mile 532.4:
There MAY be a cache from Dave Canfield here at the PCT ramada.  Darrell
suggests calling Dave to be sure at: 661-724-0526.

Taylor Horse Creek mile 539:
is running & clear & has good flow

"Tiger Tank" at mile 553:
Open air trough and shower near the wind farm 2 miles before Tehachapi Willow
Springs Rd. has good water.

Oak Creek mile 554.9:
has water, but it's not flowing;  looks "mossy"

Darrell met an employee from the LA Aquaduct who said that they started
running water in the pipe 2 days ago and that it should be at Cottonwood by
Tuesday.  Now our latest information was that the water would not be turned on until
May 7th, so Darrell is sceptical about this info.  Anyone with public works
contacts who can check this out?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU  to all angels and families who supported
Darrell in this desert crossing.  He could not have done it without you.
Blessings-

Betsy