[pct-l] mailing to post office

In a message dated 4/17/04 11:06:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
steve_pct@hotmail.com writes:

> I just want to make sure I got this right.  If I'm mailing to a post
> office,
> all I need to do is address it to:
>
> My Name
> c/o General Delivery
> City, State, Zip code
>
> and it will get there?  Is there only one post office per zip code?  I don't
>
> need to say "Post Office" anywhere or say anything about which post office
> it is?

_____

That's pretty much it, at least for most of the small p.o.'s along the trail.
 If you have no town guide, you can get the street address for a post office
by going to: http://usps.com and clicking on "post office locator".  Where it
asks for your street address, put in "General Delivery".

A couple other things that might help:

1.  If you're hiking with a partner, address your care package to:  Your Name
OR Their Name.  That way, either of you can receive the package.

2.  The postmaster will really appreciate it if you write an approximate
pickup date on the box.  They will use that information to have your box near the
top of the pile in the back room when you pick it up.