[pct-l] JMT in early June

I think that the snow-levels for the sierra started out high this year,
but the warm spring has melted the snow faster than normal and has also
kept late season snows away thus far (we could easily still get a heavy
dumping between now and june).

Having said that, its entirely possible to do the JMT in early june and
this year is NOT shaping up to be an exceedingly difficlut year for
that.  However, I would also say that the trail would be much more
enjoyable later in the season.

For sure, you should take an ice axe and know how to use it.

good luck,
dude