[pct-l] watch

I have and like the older Suunto Vector, which has always been a good
deal at $200. I think it is slightly more expensive this year at $215.
Very reliable and tough, but I got an X6 for my birthday so I use that
now instead. I trust Suuntos and will be using it for my primary compass
as well as an altimeter (I am bringing a tiny backup compass).

A friend of mine had a Timex and didn't like it because it literally
fell apart on him. My wife has an older Casio Pathfinder, but the
altimeter is quite annoyingly slow to update on it. I don't know much
about Nike or other brands. Trail Runner mag has a review of several
altimeter watches in their current issue (buying guide).

Kent.