From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of John Vonhof
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 9:11 PM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Blister comments

>> Your feet just can't take that unless they have toughed up.
>> For any foot blister bigger than a nickel, put three inches of cotton
thread on a needle and pass it through the blister.....
>> When my feet start getting hot and feel a little bit swollen I stop at
least every hour and take off both shoes and socks.  I let them cool off for
5-10 minutes....
>> another really great trick is to soak your feet in Epsom salts....
>> my experience, drying your feet out as much as possible at night is the
best thing for those blisters you lanced...
>> I've found that Desitin diaper rash cream prevents blisters...
>> I imagine that the zinc oxide in the Desitin is helpful too...
>> Not all solutions work for everyone...

All good and valid suggestions. Collective wisdom is good when it comes to
footcare. I urge you to learn your options for what you can do to both
prevent and fix blisters. Carry a small footcare kit and know how to use it.
Everything here, and a whole lot more is in my book. We are aiming to have
the 3rd edition out my mid-May. Larger sized, more pages, better layout, and
pictures. I will have more information in my free ezine. If you are not a
subscriber, use the link in my signature file to join.

John Vonhof
http://www.johnvonhof.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatment for Athletes
http://www.footworkpub.com
Subscribe to the free Fixing Your Feet Ezine at
mailto:FixingYourFeetEzine-subscribe@yahoogroups.com