[pct-l] Hiking gear on planes

> NOT allowed
> Fuel containers of any kind..even if brand new, they may be
> confiscated. No stoves that have a fuel tank attached.

I certainly do not hold credentials as authoritative as working for
TSA, but I can tell you that even saying that you have a "stove' will
trigger alarms for some inspectors.  I found a way around this is to
disassemble your stove and then when you are asked if there is a stove
in your bags, reply with "no, but there are stove parts".  This has
worked for me several times without incident.

"fuel bottles" also look very similar to "water bottles".  I have never
had a problem when carrying bottles if they are BONE DRY and OPEN.

Worst case scenario: buy new fuel bottles when you land at your
destination, then mail them to yourself at the end of your trip.

peace,
dude