[pct-l] Miracle foot care?

> I'd liberally smear a layer of Vaseline on the balls and heels of my feet,
> and placed little blobs of Vaseline between my toes and over the toenails.
> The experience was miraculous - only one blister from Wrightwood to
> Sierra City (where we jumped to Washington) and none in Washington.

I don't think I met ANY hikers getting blisters on their feet after Wrightwood
regardless of footcare.

Masochistically, I would like to see someone put vaseline on their blistered feet and
wrap them in a plastic bag overnight and hit the trail first thing in the morning,
1 day off Mt. Laguna.

I'm no foot expert, but this sounds SCARY.

This treatment may be great when you're DONE hiking, but not when you have
miles to do. From my experience, drying your feet out as much as possible at
night is the best thing for those blisters you lanced.

Scott Parks

Art          : http://DelNorteResort.Com/art
Home     : http://DelNorteResort.Com/