[pct-l] Guns for the trail

 Back in 1977 , most of us carried M1 Grands for protection against against the hordes of illegals attacking our camps each night . We only lost a few hikers that year thanks to our trail guns. ( Greg still carries  knife scars from  the daily attacks)
  OK , maybe that's  a little stretched!! Thru-hikers outnumber illegals 20 to one KO weekend and I have ran into four groups in my five trips near the border. They are mostly trying to stay hid and don't want any trouble or at most may want to ask for food. For the most part , I feel sorry for them.
  Of course , if we keep out sourcing our work , we may be all crossing the border the other way to get jobs in Mexico as there may be few left here anyway!!
  I never thought I would say this as I own more guns than stoves, but guns on national hiking trails don't mix and if you bring one , you will reap the flake of every hiker on the trail. Worry more about your next water source. Good luck,, Mad Monte