[pct-l] O.T. Digital Cameras and Thru-Hikes

Darrell selected the Pentax digital Optio 33WR.  The "WR" had a lot to do
with our choice.  Yes!  Weather Resistant.   It also is very light and easy to
use.  Here's a link to the site:

http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productid=18047

Researching the camera was one of the ways I helped Darrell prepare.  We
narrowed it down to about 12 cameras.  I culled info about each of them from the
net and then called all the companies to get details that were not advertised.
Each company emphsizes something different and we wanted to be comparing
apples to apples.  Anyway, Pentax was the ONLY company that guaranteed its camera
could resist water in a rain shower and it even has little rubber bumbers on
the corners in case you drop it.  So far, Darrell is happy with it.  If that
changes, I'll post back to let you all know.

Betsy