From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Judson Brown
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 5:58 PM
To: 'Kelly Kinneen'; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] insects!

I have found that the following combo keeps me, if not happy, at least sane
enough to deal with the little bastards.

*long-sleeved shirt and pants
* hat/netting combo, keeping the netting away from skin if possible
* deet on hands, which should be the only things exposed
*hike fast and let your mind go to your happy place- for me, I imagine
eating sushi w/ a microbrew and a good book- ymmv

Judson
Ashland, where I have already killed my first mosquito