[pct-l] water on rail

I can speak for north of scissors Xing. We hiked there week before last.
It was WARM, in mid 80's. There was lots of water in the caches AT
Scissors. About 12 gallons. We had cached our own a few weeks before
near there also. We had stored 3 gallons. There was NO water in the San
Felipe Hills stretch which is immediately north of Scissors. That was a
long, 23 mile stretch in the heat, you MUST have water. We loaded up one
full days supply at Scissors and carried our TWO gallon jugs with us in
our hands. That way we used the water out of the jugs as we walked. Then
had the stored water in our packs for the next day. That proved to be
very valuable. You don't want to be up in the hills with no water. As we
get closer to the prime time, the water cache (about 1/2 way) will be
more reliably filled with water. For hot weather figure about 1 liter
per 4 or 5 miles. You should use about 3 to 4 liters a day. DON'T go
with just 2 liters.
At the end of the San Felipe hills stretch is Barrel springs. Recently I
heard on here the trough there with water supply has been fixed. But
even if it isn't, the spring up above the trough can be used to filter
very good wonderful water. You can fill up here after a long hot stretch

Good luck to your husband, and be sure to plan around that precious
commodity WATER!!

Just some thoughts from this hiker

Bigfoot