[pct-l] repost of Update

Hi-

I'd sent this earlier, but I think it got lost in the server shuffle.  (Thank
you to the Admin for all your hard work to get things up and running again!)
Just a few details from my latest phone conversation with Darrell in case
there's news here to help anyone else...
Hi folks-

Just got off the phone from talking to Darrell and thought I'd give you
updates on things that other hikers might want to know.  They are in Idyllwild.
Had a zero day there yesterday and are leaving for Big Bear sometime this
morning.

-It's been unseasonably warm.  Darrell has been sleeping out in the open
every night so far, since Campo.  He used his tent for the 1st time last night.

-He said that the bull near Barrell Springs was a non-issue for him.  Not in
sight.

-Apparently some hikers got held up by some Mexican nationals who'd slipped
over the border near Campo.  Their gear was stolen.  He did not know who this
was, so I'm sorry I don't have names to report.  Anyone about to start the
hike, be wary near the border.

-Snow approaching Idyllwild slowed him down, but he and Sitka worked through
it rather than detouring.  It was do-able but definite work.

-His MIOX purifier seemed to stop working one day.  He tried about 20 times
to use it and it kept stopping in mid-fizz (a technical term...) and kept
blinking at him that his salt was either too high or too low.  He finally quit
trying and used his backup tablets instead.  He has purchased new batteries and
hopes that this will resolve the problem.

Hope this info is helpful to someone!

Betsy