[pct-l] Old PCT Conference Magazines

I scored three 1974 PCT Conference (read pre-PCTA, Warren Roger's authored
and edited) magazines in prime condition.

They are very cool with black and white scenic photos, weather info on an
annual basis up and down the trail for snow, rain, temperatures, etc.  Even the
envelopes, forms and a letter from Warren Rogers himself urging the reader to
join the "PCT Conference" are included.

One has an article from Ned Tibbits about his thru-hike in 1972 or 1973 (it
doesn't say, but it must have been before 1974).

Also, in one is a letter to Warren Rogers for the readers of the magazine
from Thomas Winnett, one of the authors of the first guide books, stating that
Eric Ryback and Chronicle Publishing were dropping their $10 million libel
lawsuit against the authors and publisher of the guidebook for their challenging
statements about Ryback's PCT adventure.

So pick up the first or second edition of the PCT Guidebooks if you can find
them and read what Winnett had to say.  I'll also bring these to the ADZ for
anyone interested in PCT historical stuff.

I've invited Warren Roger's sons or daughters to join us at the ADZ also, for
a historical perspective.  Donna Saufley says that a 1975 thru-hiker will be
attending this year.  Of course, the "Flying Funk Brothers" from 1975 are most
likely to attend as they live nearby and have attended the last couple.

Historically meandering,

Greg