[pct-l] Book Search / PCT / Ray Jardine.

I have a first edition of the 1973 The Pacific Crest Trail, Volume 1,
California...

A couple of intersting notes from the book: "...young [Eddie] Ryback... (the
first person who claimed to have through-hiked the PCT, that was in
1970)...[would have had to]  average 21.2 miles per day...Is this possible? Under what
conditions?"

The authors' implication is that this is just not humanly possible.

And something I have never heard mentioned before, from the first paragraph
in the hiking guide, "The temporary route begins at the Mexican border just
south of the small town of Campo.  (The permanent route will eventually begin
near Tecate, 10 miles west.)"

My real question is that if a 1992 edition of Pacific Crest Trail Hiker's
Handbook is going for upwards of $125 it is obvious that my book is worth
thousands...My intention tonight is to stay up late, not go to work tomorrow, and
suck on this cheap bottle of merlot (celebrating my good fortune) until it's all
gone.