[pct-l] Book Search / PCT / Ray Jardine.

There were two editions of "Pacific Crest Trail Hiker's Handbook", first
1992 and second 1996.  Unfortunately, they have become "collector's" items
now.  Check Amazon.com as a starting point...  currently listings are
$70-$125, but if you keep checking you might find one less expensive (I got
a new second edition last year for $17 plus shipping! - but that may have
been a 'mistake' pricing since other listings were $60 and up!).  "Beyond
Backpacking" third edition, 1999, can be obtained for much less ($12-$17)
and has all the same 'long distance hiking' info...  just missing some PCT
specific discussion, such as the Kennedy Meadows start date (yes - he uses
June 15) and his various itineraries for 3 to 5 months.  There are other
books/sources out with that information ("Hiking the Triple Crown" is a good
intro, and Yogi's "PCT Handbook" is great - really getting into the
logistics details - and it has many other thruhikers' opinions as well) plus
Craig's 'PCT Planner' online.  But if you want it and just HAVE to get Ray's
PCT Hiker's Handbook, good luck and I hope you find a good deal!  Happy
trails!