[pct-l] Use of tools in the wilderness areas

On Mar 21, 2004, at 11:58 AM, AsABat wrote:

> I said that the trail didn't go near where
> they were working and was told it was "a different trail." There is no
> other
> trail in that area.
>
> AsaBat

Have you never heard of the PCT (Phantom Crabtree Trail)?

I think it was back in '99 when my brother and I were hiking from
Horseshoe Meadow to Whitney Portal they were doing work on the Whitney
Trail switchbacks. At Rock Creek we cut through the Miter Basin to
Crabtree Meadow and we could hear several explosions because they were
blasting the rock. Does TNT count as power tools?

Mark

-----
Get Above It All at
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add