Fwd: Re: [pct-l] pulling a cart/Pink Motel

The PCT is "cherry-stemmed" wilderness.  No matter if you are in a BLM, state
park, national park or national forest you are on wilderness as long as you are
on the PCT.  This is why bikes aren't allowed even tho you may be traveling
thru BLM land, which normally would have bikes permitted.

That said, I want to thank whomever was responsible for the trail from Mt
Laguna to Pioneer Mail immediately after the Pines Fire two years ago.  The
trail was in sad shape, but a "bobcat" machine drove the trail and instantly
corrected the situation.  Legal, no.  However, it was the smart thing to do.
Capt Bivy