[pct-l] Sleeping bag

I've been following these posts re: sleeping bags and am curious about
specific recommendations for the sierra in July.  We're hiking the JMT
southbound starting July 10.

I've been reading journals which suggest below freezing temperatures and at
the same time see people recommending bags that seem like they wouldn't be
warm enough for me or Karen.

As a point of reference, we're using REI sub-kilo bags and have found that
instead of 20 deg. The bag's are probably 35 deg. bags for us here in our
trips in Oregon, in a tent wearing a hat, t-shirt & socks.

I guess my question is what are the lowest temps I should expect on the JMT
and whether the bags we're using should be adequate based on our
experiences.

My guess, especially for Karen is no, and as such have been looking at other
bags such as the feathered friends Murre & for me the Arc Alpinist, (I'm
clausterphobic.  Quilts are good!).

Thanks for any words of wisdom!!

David
david@dalbey.org