[pct-l] Tyvek Time

It is that time of the year. The potential crop of
thru-hikers are getting ready to hit Campo, section
hikers are figuring out ways to use their vacation
time and what section they want to do and other
backpackers are eagerly anticipating the snow leaving
the high country and hitting the trails.

It is also a time where people are doing last minunte
tweaking of their gear. One way people tweak gear to
save weight is by using Tyvek for a ground cloth.

Light, strong, very water resistant. Makes a wonderful
ground cloth. Scraps can be received for free at
construction sites. If you can't find it at
construction sites, you can also order it at:

http://tinyurl.com/ha3v

The Tyvek they sell there is a different type than the
construction grade. It is more pliable, but still very
durable. (Used some on my PCT thru). I have no
affiliation with "Into the Wind" other than the fact I
live in Boulder. It is local, non-chain company, so
you will be helping to support a small business as
well. It is 2.50/yd by 60". A six foot length works
very well for me to use for a ground cloth.

(I believe they also sell Tyvek at the KOP)

=====
--Thoreau