[pct-l] re: Tyvek Time

>>I bought the Into The Wind stuff for my '02 hike and
>>exchanged it for real Tyvek at ADZPCTKO. Perhaps it
>>is because I am not graceful with my
>.gear, but mine ripped and wet-through in the rainy
>>conditions those

But it is real Tyvek. :-)

I too thru-hiked in 2002...with the same type of
Tyvek. One piece lasted me a whole thru-hike. I just
retired the piece at the end of last winter (2003).
Not too bad..a thru-hike and backpacking in Colorado
during the winter.

I am not particularly graceful with my gear. Perhaps I
was blessed by the Duponts with my gear. :-)

As mentioned, I prefer this grade because it is more
plyable than the heavier construction grade. I also do
not use a tent and strictly use it for a ground cloth.
That may or may not effect the use of it for others.

Off to do some snowshoeing in Rocky Mtn NP in the
AM...

Mags

=====
--Thoreau