Fwd: [pct-l] re: Tyvek Time

I've never tried Tyvek, but I've always used a space blanket (it has
to be at least 15 years old) as a ground cloth.  Never any trouble
with ripping and it's very light, plus it will warm you in an
emergency.  I got my name, Capt Bivy, since I never use a tent, only
an Early Winters bivy sack that is about 20 years old.  In rain I
just flip my space blanket on top of me for extra protection.  I saw
a raincape/tarp that I think get for added protection.  Everything
would weigh under 3 pounds.  I get exhausted just thinking about
carrying a tent. (PS Don't forget, I'm a desert hiker from Southern
California, not a rain strider from Washington)........capt bivy