[pct-l] Mt. Shasta

Sly writes:
It's my belief, that a PCT'er that has hiked all that way will have an
advantage over many I saw that day, if only from what they've already
experienced on the trail and their conditioning up to that point.

I encourage anyone who has hiked the entire length of California to attempt
to climb any of the Cascade volcanoes as I believe they are some of the most
beautiful mountains in the U.S. and, as Sly says, you will be in better physical
condition than 99% of those who are attempting the same.  This conditioning
may allow you to weather conditions that will turn others around, but not you
since you may have already recently weathered much worse and are prepared
equipment, spirit and experience wise for such.

However, never forget they are dangerous, regardless of your conditioning,
gear and experience, as many found this winter in the humble San Gabriel
mountains of southern California.  Six dead this year, some very experienced, some
equipped well.

IMHO,

Greg