[pct-l] Mt. Shasta

Judson,

There's no doubt that Shasta demands respect, it is a serious mountain.  I
hope you didn't infer from my posts that it's anything but.  All I'm saying
under the right circumstances, such as a time when thru-hikers are passing nearby
it can be done by a long distance hiker.  I thought I tried to give fair
warning of the difficulties involved, conditions, steepness, etc. but it's not
until someone is actually facing the mountain whether they'll be able to decide
whether it's doable or not.

It's my belief, that a PCT'er that has hiked all that way will have an
advantage over many I saw that day, if only from what they've already experienced on
the trail and their conditioning up to that point.

There's no shame in turning around, ever.

Sly