	From: CharlieJones@aol.com [mailto:CharlieJones@aol.com]
	Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 10:50 AM
	To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
	Cc: Mike Saenz
	Subject: Re: [pct-l] Failure at the San Felipes: Trip and Water Report

	In a message dated 3/8/2004 10:20:34 AM Pacific Standard Time, msaenz@mve-architects.com writes:
		With another 24 miles ahead of me, I decided that the San Felipes was a two-day journey from Scissors Crossing.
		If 16 miles kicked my butt, I'd be hating the final 8 miles into Barrel Springs. The San Felipes would have to wait for another weekend.
	One other option to consider is hiking north-to-south as a day hike. I've "been there-done that" as a conditioning hike (It was my first hike of the calendar year). You carry your own water and minimal equipment (no tent, sleeping bag, etc.).
	It's no shorter that way, but it's more enjoyable. The switchbacks near Scissors Crossing still seem like they will never quit ... but, with the highway in sight, one pushes on.
	Charlie