[pct-l] Light Trail shoes - Rain Protection

The other water problem is dew on the brush that you hike through when the
trail is not cleared. That water just runs right down your legs and into
your shoes.

And then, there are the frozen shoes after sitting in the tent at night.
Really hard to get your foot into a frozen shoe with frozen laces. Thank
goodness it didn't happen often. Next time I will wrap my shoes in plastic
bags and sleep with them - warm and wet is better than cold and frozen.

For me, the problem was not the wet - it was the cold that might come with
the wet. And that was typically only in Oregon and Washington (mainly
Washington).

I tried those waterproof type socks inside the shoes. They really worked.
Only problem with those was that I needed to wear only a thin liner sock
inside. And that wasn't enough insulation. So, I had dry, cold feet. Next
time, I will try larger shoes so that I can keep heavier socks on.

Bottom line - you are going to have wet shoes and socks. You get through it,
pain and all.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@comcast.net