From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Bill Wilson
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 12:48 PM
To: PCT Post
Subject: [pct-l] Light Trail shoes - Rain Protection

Ok you hard core PCT thru hikers.

I have relented and own a pair of "light weight" trail shoes. Vented, and
light I'm ready to enjoy ventilated cool feet.

But one thing that was great about the old, heavy Gore-Tex boots was DRY
feet. (Well at least from the outside, .I know feet sweat!! :-)

I know with stream crossings you just go for it, and let them dry as you
hike, But what about hiking in the rain! Or for that matter in the snow

Has anyone developed a cool way to keep them dry? Like sil-nylon gaitors,
or.???

Yea I know, either you don't hike on rainy days, or just put up with wet
feet. But it sure is nice at the end of the day when you've done 25 miles on
a rainy day and don't have camp shoes cuz you are saving weight, to have dry
feet to relax and cook dinner in.

Any creative ideas????

Thanks!!!

Bill Wilson