[pct-l] Light Trail shoes - Rain Protection

In Washington, I got a pair of gortex lined shoes thinking it would help keep my feet dry.  Bad idea.
While hiking in the rain, water (or rain on brushes) ran down my waterproof hiking pantings and filled up my shoes.  My feet were swimming in water because the gortex slowed down how much water got out.

I think its better to get shoes that dry quickly than trying to get shoes that keep water out- that's just impossible

also, consider getting straight cut rain pants (ie with elastic bottoms) that are longer than the top of your shoe.

Marshall Karon <m.karon@comcast.net> wrote:
The other water problem is dew on the brush that you hike through when the
trail is not cleared. That water just runs right down your legs and into
your shoes.