[pct-l] Recipes - hardtack

Joanne Lennox wrote:

>I had a friend that used to eat hardtack in the artic while doing research.
>got so she really liked them; they stick around awhile.  She said they were
>so hard that you can't eat them fast.  kind of moistin the outside and gnaw
>it off and eat it done a layer at a time.  After months of this she said
>her
>gums were really strong; that it had a very benificial effect on her
>teeth!!!

Sounds to me suspiciously like a dog biscuit (also good for the teeth and
gums:)  Not that I would know personally.  Not that my trail appetite has
ever kicked in to that extreme.....

Nowhere Man

"What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to
what lies within us. And when we bring what is within out into the world,
miracles happen." - Henry David Thoreau

Phil Hough
PO Box 393
Sagle, ID 83860
(208) 255-2780
nowhere_man97@hotmail.com

Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as
$29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/