[pct-l] Milage Question

During the climb out of Scissors there really isn't anywhere to camp, but
the climb isn't that long.  Once you get up, it is a good walk to the
nearest large flat spot.  Gray, Glory, Jenny B, Just Tom, and myself all
had plenty of space at the third gate (listed in the data book) and this
was one of
the first large and flat spots after making the climb.  There are a few
perches where you could throw out earlier and these would make spectacular
sites.  I recall there being one or two after about an hour of traversing.

Personally, I'd head for the third gate if you can.
There was a small water cache
somewhere near a road close by where Gray found water.  The next morning
you can make Barrel Springs easy and early (I think I was there at like
9 or 10 am).  From Barrel Springs to Warner Springs is a cush walk and
Glory and myself were in by like 2 or 3 in the afternoon.  There is a
nice, semi-developed campsite about 5 miles from Warner Springs, right
next to a creek.  This is past the private campground.

Suge

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics
Indiana University