[pct-l] Hitching

Re: Hitching signs
We used the back of our Tyvek ground cloth as a hitching sign. When it
was time for a hitch we would find a clear spot, fold it just so and
write our destination on it (we always carry some sort of writing
device). Said ground cloth is now a souvenir from our trip.

Re: Hitching
It helps to be thumbing it as a couple - approximately half of our rides
were women and I don't think they would have picked me up if I was by
myself. Unfortunately scruffy hikers bear a striking resemblance to
creepy weirdo types. Having Cathy served as some sort of "this guy is
ok" signal.

Kent.