[pct-l] Recipes - hardtack

What do they taste like?

David Davis <atvet@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
A search on Goggle revealed several recipes for hardtack and a company, Bent's Cookie Factory, that sells hardtack over the web. Bent's claims the bad rap hardtack got in the Civil War (wormy or has hard as a rock) was because of 19th century packaging, The company was an original supplier to the Union Army and still makes them using the same recipe. I ordered two boxes and the arrived yesterday. I happy to report that they seem ideal for backpacking. The best way to describe hardtack is like a big, very (with emphasis on very) solid, saltine cracker. Has any one else carried these on a trip?