[pct-l] Crater Lake resupply boxes

Regarding Crater Lake resupply boxes:

General Delivery boxes will be at the PO.

All other boxes will be at the Mazama Store.
If you send your box to any address at the Rim, it will end up down at
Mazama.

When I was putting together my book, I called and spoke with both the
Postmaster and a Crater Lake Ranger.  No matter where you send your box,
they prefer that hikers use the US Postal Service, not UPS.  They prefer the
US Postal Service because it is easier for them to either (1) forward hiker
mail ahead or (2) return hiker mail to hiker's homes.  If you use UPS, it's
harder for them to deal with missed hiker boxes.

Of course ALL General Delivery boxes would be sent via the US Postal Service
anyway.

Detailed Crater Lake information is in the PCT Handbook.
www.pcthandbook.com

yogi

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar ? includes FREE pop-up blocking!