[pct-l] New Shoe Setup - Inserts?

In a message dated 2/29/2004 8:22:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email2bill@cox.net writes:

> Getting the dogs ready for some long days hiking. Hey wanted to get your
> opinion on setting up new shoes. Whether they are NB 806AT?s, Nike?s,
> Merrell, whatever how many of you use the factory insert that was
> provided? Do you all pull it and put in 3rd party purchased inserts? If
> so what kinds are the preferred ones?

I always pull out the factory insoles and use Spenco's.  You usually have to
trim them to fit, but I'll use the factory insoles to trace a line then cut
them with a good pair of scissors.  I like the cushiony feel and haven't had any
problems with the shoes not fitting.

YMMV, but they're cheap enough and worth a try,

Sly