[pct-l] Plan B

We have been planning to start at Walker Pass sometime in the first half of
June and hike to Hwy 138 in Oregon, then skip to Stevens Pass and hike to
Manning.  (or hike straight through if the knees, etc. agree to it).  I am
worried about my ability to go from 500 ft here in Portland to the high
Sierra in only one or two weeks of hiking.  Mostly because of aerobic
capacity.   For this reason, a second plan was to start at Hwy 138 and go
south, but in June of a normal snow year, there are about 4 feet of snow on
the lowest pct alternative in Crater Lake.  My question is, where could we
start south and not have too much snow in June?  I?m not the best at snow
travel.

Thanks,
Beth