From: <barclayb@comcast.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 2:16 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Knees

> Dear Friends,
>
> So my knees have been hurting since I came down Mt. Marcy in the
Adirondacks last October.  No single moment of injury, just the impact on
the descent compacted by the 15 mile hike out with no anti-inflammatories.
Never have I experienced this before.

> My problem now is that I want to do a thru hike starting in May, and I'm
still taking Ibuprofen and Glucosomine Condroiten (mineral joint supplement)
three times daily to keep the pain down.

> I've been told this is tendonitis, but don't have health insurance for a
solid second opinion.  Anyone care to shed their knee problems with me and
reassure me that there's a chance I'll be able to hike 20 miles a day in two
months for another 4?  What should I do?