[pct-l] Money

At 10:54 AM 2/23/2004 -0800, Mike Saenz wrote:
>But what about those quarters? Has anyone had a problem getting change
>wherever coin-op conveniences are available?

I don't buy that quarters are worth their weight in gold. I'd dump my
change before leaving town. Usually giving it to a hiker just arriving.

In the larger towns, there are adequate places to get change. In the small
resorts, you can run a tab for most things. One exception is the evil and
weird phone at Kennedy Meadows which insists on eating a quarter before
doing anything, even dialing an 800 number. The Kennedy Meadows proprietors
were low on quarters but did not run out while I was there.

Tangent